- Highlighting the importance of synergies across business lines
- Seeing a visceral example of the presence or absence of collaboration
- Utilizing information, trends and resources to meet your customer’s needs
Participants enter a workshop where several mannequins are set around the room. A fashion designer emerges and asks the teams to help choose the marquis pieces for the Spring Collection of her new line. Each of the teams are assigned to a category of the ensemble. Using facts about the client, trends and demographic data about the target market, teams choose an item that best meet the needs of the customer. There are items within each category that work together and some that clash badly without proper collaboration. Groups submit their category option so that the designer can comment on each of the final pieces. Lights go down and music begins where a model walks down a small runway to show off the ensemble with all of the pieces together. The fashion designer and the orchestrator debrief how we can execute flawlessly against the objectives of our individual silos.
- How do we best meet the needs of our customer based on the data we have?
- How can we break down the barriers that keep our teams in silos?
- What does it look like when we put collaboration at the forefront of what we do?